F20 System Wide Change: ARM as primary Architecture

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Jul 10 16:47:26 UTC 2013

On Jul 10, 2013, at 8:29 AM, Matthew Garrett <mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org> wrote:

>  If ARM merely wants to be
> able to produce something that's similar to Fedora then we should figure
> out what a spin-based PA would look like, but that's not what's
> currently being proposed.

For F20, this makes more sense to me as a next step, before going whole hog with all release blocking desktops. Seems like the latter is a lot of chew off for F20. I think more community maturation is needed to get both dev and QA capable users, who also have an appropriate range of hardware, to support the new platform. It sounds like the existing community would be eyeballs deep.

Chris Murphy