F20 System Wide Change: ARM as primary Architecture

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jul 10 21:28:17 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-07-10 at 13:56 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 07/10/2013 12:36 AM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
>
> > Plus, in relation to this - the llvmpipe issue brings up that one of
> > the 'release blocking desktops' *does not work*. This would, by definition,
> > block the release unless we intend to have different criteria for ARM as a
> > primary arch.
>
> Then we should remove the default label and "release blocking
> desktop(s)" entirely concept with it.
>
> It's far outdated anyway and relic from the past.
>
> Each sub-community ( be it spins be it various arch ) should need to
> provide the necessary QA/Releng resources from their sub-community
> ( if no such thing the relevant party needs to build one ) while we QA
> and Releng focus our available resources on the components that
> everyone in the whole distribution use and provide the necessary sub
> community with the assistance in relation to QA and Releng.

I'm afraid I can't agree. I like the simplicity of the model you're
proposing, but from a practical point of view, there is still a commonly
held perception that there is a 'product' called Fedora which is
basically composed of what you get if you go to get.fedoraproject.org,
download one of the things we push at you there, and install it.
Practically speaking, I believe we have to QA that 'thing called Fedora'
as a whole. I don't think your model quite matches what people perceive
Fedora to be.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey