GPG verification in SPECs

Brian C. Lane bcl at redhat.com
Wed Jul 10 22:01:07 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 11:15:05PM +0200, Till Maas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> upstream of pam_mount pointed me to OpenSUSE's gpg-offline RPM macros at
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Base:System/gpg-offline
>
> They allow to use a keyring and detached signature as additional source
> in SPECs to get both verified. Since gpg-offline's upstream is willing
> to create a proper release to allow easy packaging for Fedora, I wonder
> if I will find any obstacles when I package it. The packaging guidelines
> allow packaging RPM macros, therefore this should be fine.
>
> Also I am interested whether there are better options available.

In parted we have a signed upstream package and a detached signature. In
the pkg git we have the signer's public key and in %prep it runs gpg.

Source0: ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/%{name}/%{name}-%{version}.tar.xz
Source1: ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/%{name}/%{name}-%{version}.tar.xz.sig
Source2: pubkey.jim.meyering

gpg --import %{SOURCE2}
gpg --verify %{SOURCE1} %{SOURCE0}

What does gpg-offline add to this?