F20 Self Contained Change: KDE Plasma Workspaces 4.11

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Jul 11 11:33:54 UTC 2013

= Proposed Self Contained Change: KDE Plasma Workspaces 4.11 =
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/KDE411

Change owner(s): Rex Dieter <rdieter at fedoraproject.org> and KDE SIG

Rebase to version 4.11 of: the KDE Plasma Workspaces including the Plasma
Desktop and Netbook workspaces, the KDE Applications and the KDE Platform.

== Detailed description ==
New features overview:
    KDE Plasma Workspaces, KDE Applications and KDE Platform 4.11
    Faster Nepomuk indexing
    KScreen integration in Kwin
    Qt Quick in Plasma Workspaces
    More porting to QML
    Kontact improvements
    WebP image format plugin
    Ogg Opus audio support in Juk
    Metalink/HTTP Support in Kget
    UI Refactoring in KWallet

Given how the KDE Plasma Workspaces 4.11 and Fedora 20 schedules align, there
should be plenty of buffer time between the KDE Plasma Workspaces 4.11 and
Fedora 20 releases. We are already working on importing and polishing beta
version of KDE.

== Scope ==
Proposal owners: Requires rebasing to the latest upstream version and
preparing distribution specific patches. All new required packages are already
included in distribution. But as upstream changed release schema and now
provides split tarballs for some previously monolithic modules, we are going
to follow this decision in Fedora too as we want to stick as close as possible
to upstream. This involves changes in packaging, new reviews and small
overload for packaging system.

Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
Release engineering: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)