Packages MUST NOT place files or directories in the /bin, /sbin, /lib or /lib64 directories

Petr Pisar ppisar at redhat.com
Thu Jul 11 12:48:56 UTC 2013

I've just spotted usr-move has been completed.
<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines?rd=Packaging/Guidelines#Filesystem_Layout>
states:

In addition, Fedora packages MUST NOT place files or directories in the
/bin, /sbin, /lib or /lib64 directories. Instead, the /usr/bin,
/usr/sbin, /usr/lib, and /usr/lib64 directories must be used.

Is that true?

Should I move /sbin/quotacheck and similar files to /usr/sbin?

Should I file bug against bash, glibc, and other packages? Or should
there be a list of exceptions?

-- Petr