F20 System Wide Change: ARM as primary Architecture

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Thu Jul 11 18:22:08 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 10:58:59AM -0700, Brendan Conoboy wrote:

> Security features are implemented and working- except
> evidently pointer guards, which we found out about *yesterday*.

The point of this isn't just that it was broken, though - the concern
here is that the test suite said it was not working.  What else isn't
working because nobody has even looked?  What's worrisome here is not
merely that a major security feature wasn't working.  While that is
troubling, the fact of the matter is that people *not* on your team
thought it wasn't working, and assumed that you knew.  The test suite
is giving failing results.  That's not usually an indicator of high
quality or success.

The worry isn't that there's one thing here or there that doesn't work -
the worry is that there are relatively major Fedora features that we've
advertised in big letters in the relatively recent past that simply
don't work because nobody has paid any attention to whether or not they
work.

--
        Peter