F20 System Wide Change: ARM as primary Architecture

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Thu Jul 11 18:53:28 UTC 2013

[lots of reasonable criteria snipped]

> And also therefore, if you're intending to ship/support a desktop use case
> (which, from the F19 ARM deliverables seems to be the case), then the same
> one that's the default on other primary arches needs to be available, work,
> and should be the default on the new primary arch as well.

If I may add to this: I could see having a primary architecture that may
not intend to 'ship/support a desktop use case' - it could be targeting
solely the 'headless server' use case. But - in that case I would expect
to see some work towards defining and designing the user experience for
that use case, in ways that would also make sense on other
architectures. I'm convinced that Fedora could be much more awesome on
servers, if this was treated as a proper use case ('minimal install'
does not really do it justice).

Matthias