F20 System Wide Change: ARM as primary Architecture

Jonathan Masters jcm at redhat.com
Fri Jul 12 04:36:16 UTC 2013

Note that there are teams within Linaro doing benchmarking and driving such. And once the specific stack protector issue was raised, I poked Marcus in person and he escalated it such that it will be looked at this next engineering cycle. In general we can plan ahead if we know there are issues. We can't offer a 4 hour SLA. This isn't meant to be aimed at Jakub :) just replying here.

Btw, on a tangent, those throwing stones in the other subthreads need to bear in mind no architecture can guarantee every feature at all times. If you would like, we can scrub through and find something broken on x86 that a test suite claims to work, and we can infer all kinds of insulting things from that. But it will achieve nothing. Sometimes stuff just is unintentionally broken. Audit was one such issue a year back - silent register corruption due to a busted patch and lack of people historically using it to notice. But we fixed that. And we will find more issues over time and fix those, especially now that we have many folks running Fedora kernels and others in Linaro ramping up on testing upstream with non-embedded configs.

Jon.

--
Sent from my iPad