F20 System Wide Change: ARM as primary Architecture

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Mon Jul 15 09:00:32 UTC 2013

Matthew Miller píše v Pá 12. 07. 2013 v 23:24 -0400:
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 12:53:23PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > "What do we talk about when we talk about Fedora?" :)
> > Well, we just did a major release. Go look on news.google.com for
> > "Fedora 19", or search for "Fedora 19 review", or just poke through a
> > few popular tech sites and forums.
> > What do people do when they want to 'try Fedora 19'? They download the
> > primary image on the download page, which is the desktop live, and run
> > it. This is what they've _always_ done.
>
> Well, this is partly self-reinforcing, because it's what we clearly tell
> people to do. See http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora, or the Download Now
> link on the front page.
>
> Soooo, speaking of which:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/VisibleCloud

I think this is mixing up things together a bit. I don't think no one
thinks we can create an ISO that would work perfectly for all uses
(desktop, server, cloud,...).
IMHO the ideal situation should be: A user interested in Fedora goes to
fedoraproject.org and is asked "Do you want to run Fedora as desktop,
server or a cloud instance?" and each answer should give them one ISO,
the official default product of Fedora Project for that use.
But that doesn't mean we should overwhelm them with gazillion options
for every use.

So it's ok to have a cloud version to download at
http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora but I think we want to offer them
just one product for cloud, the one we're focused on the most, we test
the most, not all flavours we could possibly have: Matthew's compilation
for cloud, Joe's compilation for cloud,...
And the same applies to other uses such as desktop.

Jiri