F20 Self Contained Change: SDDM as the default KDE DM

Martin Briza mbriza at redhat.com
Mon Jul 15 11:17:42 UTC 2013

On Thu, 11 Jul 2013 15:26:14 +0200, Lennart Poettering
<mzerqung at 0pointer.de> wrote:

> BTW, I have some more multi-seat hardware to give away to folks who want
> to add true automatic multi-seat to stuff like display managers.
>
> It's a USB box that will give you an VGA/DVI port + audio, plus
> connectors for kbd/mouse. So you just need to connect a display, mouse
> and keyboard to it, and then plug it into your existing machine and
> should have a second seat wihout any configuration. This works
> out-of-the-box for GNOME/gdm systems. If you guys want to make this work
> for KDE too, then I can pass you that hardware. It's free, you can keep
> it, but I'd preferably like to send this to Europe only.
>
> It's hardware you can use to implement this stuff:
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/multiseat/
>
> (This offer stands for everybody who hacks on things like this,
> regardless which desktop environment you hack on.)
>
> Lennart

Thanks for the offer! Even though I'd love to have the device for my
personal use, it won't be necessary. I have borrowed one of the devices in
our office to write basic multi-seat support for KDM, so you can
distribute it to other folks who'd want to add the support to other DMs.