F20 Self Contained Change: SDDM as the default KDE DM

Martin Briza mbriza at redhat.com
Mon Jul 15 11:23:00 UTC 2013

To add to this article, there are some bits in the Documentation part of
the change proposal.
Some information is already obsolete though because of fast pace of
development of SDDM.
To conclude, the main reasons are the CLA which is a participation blocker
for many people and better outlook on future maintenance (for us, used to
KDE codebase), as it's written in C++ and Qt, compared to C and Glib in
LightDM.