sox lpc10 license

Frantisek Kluknavsky fkluknav at redhat.com
Mon Jul 15 12:00:56 UTC 2013

Hi list,

package sox contains bundled lpc10 library. License of lpc10 is unknown
to me and unknown to sox upstream. Probably nobody (probably including
lpc10 authors) bothered too much about licensing.

My questions:
  - Does anyone know its licensing status or original developers? Andy
J. Fingerhut, previously associated with wustl.edu?

  - Does any package strictly require lpc10 functionality (linear
predictive voice coder)? Can I tear it out of sox?

repoquery --whatrequires --alldeps sox
DVDAuthorWizard
anki
asterisk-voicemail
dvd-slideshow
festival-freebsoft-utils
freewrl
imagination
licq
mlt
mozplugger
openshot
psi
reinteract
sox-plugins-freeworld
terminatorX
xwax

  - Can the whole issue be ignored?

  - Does Fedora contain other implementations of lpc10?

Thank you very much.

Frantisek Kluknavsky