F20 System Wide Change: No Default Sendmail

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Mon Jul 15 14:11:09 UTC 2013

On Mon, 15.07.13 14:45, Sérgio Basto (sergio at serjux.com) wrote:

> > Other developers: logwatch/logcheck might need updating to not require an MTA
> > for delivering log changes. Some packages might need a dependency on
> > "server(smtp)" added.
>
> I'd like understand how cronjobs deliver his emails , to root user ?

Not sure I grok the question. But the logic is:

If an MTA is installed then the output of cronjobs is sent to the local
user that owns the cron job in question. If no MTA is installed (which
we want to make the default with this feature) the output is written to
syslog instead (which means it ends up in the journal and you can view
it with "journalctl -u crond").

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.