F20 System Wide Change: ARM as primary Architecture

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 15 16:08:06 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 11:00:32AM +0200, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> > Soooo, speaking of which:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/VisibleCloud
> I think this is mixing up things together a bit. I don't think no one
> thinks we can create an ISO that would work perfectly for all uses
> (desktop, server, cloud,...).
> IMHO the ideal situation should be: A user interested in Fedora goes to
> fedoraproject.org and is asked "Do you want to run Fedora as desktop,
> server or a cloud instance?" and each answer should give them one ISO,
> the official default product of Fedora Project for that use.

Yes, that's what I'm trying to suggest. (Well, just desktop and cloud; we'll
leave traditional server aside for right now.) If it _doesn't_ look like
that's what my proposal is suggesting, please let me know how and where I
can fix it.

> So it's ok to have a cloud version to download at
> http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora but I think we want to offer them
> just one product for cloud, the one we're focused on the most, we test
> the most, not all flavours we could possibly have: Matthew's compilation
> for cloud, Joe's compilation for cloud,...

What we're offering right now is the same image -- same bits on disk -- in
different formats. Not different spins. There's significant advantage in
having a run-in-every-cloud image and we're bending as much as possible to
make it so.