F20 System Wide Change: No Default Syslog

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 15 16:39:48 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 05:38:36PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > >But anyway, this is quite anecdotal.
> > I was not laughing when I was on site.
> Hmm? Anecdotal certainly doesn't imply amusing?

This is a language issue. An anecdote is a short or amusing story -- halfway
to being a joke. Party conversation. "Anecdotal evidence" is therefore a
derogatory term. However, we're used to using it so much in
software / computer / tech terms that it can _also_ be used in a purely
'straight' sense with no insult meant, to simply say that it's a
hard-to-reproduce story.