F20 System Wide Change: No Default Sendmail

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Mon Jul 15 17:54:45 UTC 2013

On Mon, 15.07.13 13:50, DJ Delorie (dj at redhat.com) wrote:

> I worry about the security implications of mail that would have gone
> to root@ being either silently discarded or unknowingly ignored.
>
> If there is no other way to send mail to local users, we should have a
> local MTA configured for such.

Well, we don't even install any MUA by default currently that would read
local mail spools. Effectively, this means that currently the log output
of cronjobs is more or less lost. By ensuring all logs go to the normal
log stream there's a much better chance of not losing messages...

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.