F20 System Wide Change: No Default Syslog

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Tue Jul 16 18:37:14 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 08:09:27PM +0200, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> Could you be more specific as to what you would like to see changed?
> systemctl uses the the pager in long outputs like list-units, and
> it is the same pager that journalctl uses.

On Fedora 18, I see lines truncated in the middle with "..." and it
drives me crazy because there's no way to scroll to get the missing
information.  For example, just running "systemctl" with no arguments
gives insanely truncated output.  The other emails in this thread
implied that journalctl doesn't do this truncation, which sounds like a
huge improvement.

--
Andrew McNabb
http://www.mcnabbs.org/andrew/