dracut hang in %posttrans of Rawhide kernel install?

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 22:10:28 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Dan Mashal <dan.mashal at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just upgraded to rawhide with 3.11.0-0.rc0.git7.1.fc20. I didnt get
> any issues with dracut but Fedora would not boot. I am currently on
> 3.10.0-0.rc7.git0.2.fc20:
>
> No dracut or post trans errors when upgrading to this:
>
> Dependencies Resolved

>  Package                      Arch   Version
>  Repository
>
>  Size

> Installing:
>  kernel                       x86_64 3.11.0-0.rc0.git7.1.fc20     rawhide
>  31 M
>  kernel-devel                 x86_64 3.11.0-0.rc0.git7.1.fc20     rawhide
> 8.4 M
>
> I'll try and build the kernel manually and report back.

On my Rawhide VMs, both x86_64 and i686, attempting to boot that kernel
results in immediate 100% CPU usage.  Nothing interesting happens if I left
it go for a few minutes.  On the other hand, the previous kernel,
3.11.0-0.rc0.git3.1.fc20, does boot normally.  I haven't yet gotten around
to checking for a bugzilla report on the newer kernel.
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/