F20 System Wide Change: No Default Syslog

Ding Yi Chen dchen at redhat.com
Wed Jul 17 01:01:28 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On 07/16/2013 02:56 AM, Ding Yi Chen wrote:
> >> Also, most
> > Not true,
> > RHEL 6 and its friends do not include journalctl.
> > So if I want to cover both Fedora default and RHEL default,
> > now I do have to look at two places instead of one.
>
> Or simply install rsyslog or syslog-ng and afaik you cant run rsyslog on
> AIX so same logic applies there and any other log solution are not
> available cross linux distros and cross another os.

AIX has logger, which outputs to /var/log/messages
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/aix/v6r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.aix.cmds%2Fdoc%2Faixcmds3%2Flogger.htm

Regards,

--
Ding-Yi Chen
Software Engineer
Email: dchen at redhat.com

Red Hat, Asia-Pacific Pty Ltd
Level 1, 193 North Quay
Brisbane 4000
Office: +61 7 3514 8100
Fax: +61 7 3514 8199
Website: www.redhat.com

Red Hat, Inc.
Facebook: Red Hat APAC | Red Hat Japan | Red Hat Korea | JBoss APAC
Twitter: Red Hat APAC | Red Hat ANZ
LinkedIn: Red Hat APAC | JBoss APAC