More unhelpful update descriptions

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 01:31:26 UTC 2013

On 6/29/13, T.C. Hollingsworth <tchollingsworth at gmail.com> > Perhaps
the real fix here would be to just remove that placeholder
> text (and double-check that the bodhi CLI rejects updates with blank
> descriptions)?  Personally I just find it really annoying to have to
> backspace that out and fill in proper information every time I use
> `fedpkg update`.  It would make a lot more sense to me if it were just
> blank and screamed bloody murder if it's not filled out.

Nobody had anything bad (or good) to say about this, so I went ahead
and sent a patch to fedpkg that does this:
https://fedorahosted.org/fedpkg/ticket/7

Also, I wrote a bodhi patch that rejects updates with the placeholder
text, in case fedpkg doesn't get fixed for awhile and so it still gets
rejected even with older fedpkgs:
https://fedorahosted.org/bodhi/ticket/730

-T.C.