F20 System Wide Change: Change Packaging Guidelines to discourage requires into /bin and /sbin

Ales Kozumplik akozumpl at redhat.com
Wed Jul 17 05:15:51 UTC 2013

I don't really appreciate the discussion this has started. All I had to
say about this is summed up here:

https://fedorahosted.org/fpc/ticket/314#comment:7

 From a position of someone who works on packaging tools and someone who
clashed with UsrMove several times already, this is my best shot at
making Fedora a bit less broken. I won't waste any more time on this
though: if the opinion of the "expert masses" and FESCO is against, you
won't hear me arguing for this twice. How can we expect the same
decision process that gets us break things with each new release to be
able to fix them?

Ales