F20 System Wide Change: No Default Syslog

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Wed Jul 17 13:35:33 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 03:30:20PM +0200, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 08:56:45AM -0400, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> > Is there a way to read binary journals from non-Linux OSes?
> Compiling journalctl on UINXy OSes should not be too much of a problem.
> You'd need dbus >= 1.4.0, libcap, liblzma (if used by the journal files
> in question). Not trivial but certainly doable.
>
> Zbyszek

I was more thinking of the typical home use case, where a user has
installed Fedora alongside Windows or Mac OS.  The latter is UNIXy,
but the former is not.  Maybe as part of this feature, Fedora should
release Windows packages of journalctl or a similar tool for reading
the logs.