F20 System Wide Change: ARM as primary Architecture

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 17:53:47 UTC 2013

On 17 Jul 2013 18:18, "Brendan Conoboy" <blc at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 07/17/2013 09:53 AM, Bastien Nocera wrote:
>>
>> As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I'd rather have community
accessible machines.
>> And I'm not really comfortable manipulating build images from 4000 miles
away if
>> I haven't been able to test them in the slightest locally.
>

> Sure, community accessible machines reach the widest audience.  Until
that plan is fully ready to go I can provide ARM server access to Red Hat
personnel.  Of course it doesn't help when you need to do local testing.
 The versatile express image works on any host with qemu-system-arm, so
this is one (slow) avenue.  Beyond that, in some cases it possible to
provide hardware.  Please email me if you need this.  Thanks,

Virtio-mmio should land in qemu rawhide soon which should help a little to
improve speed but I wouldn't imagine huge improvement.

Peter