F20 Self Contained Change: Vagrant

Julian C. Dunn lists at aquezada.com
Wed Jul 17 18:34:40 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 11:20:17AM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > It would likely push this to a system-wide change, but wouldn't it be
> > logical for this feature to also make a vagrant-able image as well?
>
> To be an official Vagrant image, we need Chef, and while Sam Kottler is
> working with Opscode to make that finally happen (awesome!), I don't think
> we want that to be a blocker.

I work for Opscode. Sam and I have talked; we are still blocked on
yajl-ruby vendoring YAJL C and the maintainer is unresponsive about taking
the patch that Josef Stribny worked on.

https://github.com/brianmario/yajl-ruby/pull/113

I talked with our engineering folks about using stdlib JSON but they prefer
YAJL, for a number of reasons I won't go into here. It would also be a huge
change for us with little return.

- Julian