Summary/Minutes for today's FESCo meeting (2013-07-17)

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Wed Jul 17 19:56:28 UTC 2013

#fedora-meeting: FESCO (2013-07-17)
===================================

Meeting started by mitr at 18:00:48 UTC. The full logs are available at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2013-07-17/fesco.2013-07-17-18.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* init process  (mitr, 18:00:54)
  * ACTION: mitr Update FESCo meeting process page for election results
    (mitr, 18:04:26)

* #1132 libtool + %global _hardened_build 1 = no full hardening  (mitr,
  18:05:53)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1132   (mitr, 18:05:57)
  * AGREED: apply kludge to redhat-rpm-config now, ask libtool
    maintainer to come up with a more sustainable/better fix in libtool
    and drop kludge when no longer needed (+5)  (mitr, 18:15:49)

* #1135 F20 System Wide Change: Fedora 20 Boost 1.54 Uplift -  (mitr,
  18:16:50)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/F20Boost154   (mitr,
    18:16:52)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1135   (mitr, 18:16:56)
  * AGREED: F20 System Wide Change: Fedora 20 Boost 1.54 Uplift was
    accepted (+6)  (mitr, 18:19:12)

* #1137 F20 Self Contained Changes  (mitr, 18:19:32)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1137   (mitr, 18:19:36)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/SharedCertificateTools
    (mitr, 18:21:38)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/SDDMinsteadOfKDM
    (mitr, 18:21:42)
  * LINK:
    https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2013-July/001181.html
    (mitr, 18:21:50)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Virt_Manager_Snapshots
    (mitr, 18:21:54)
  * AGREED: Self-contained changes from ticket #1137 are accepted (+7)
    (mitr, 18:23:10)

* #1136 F20 System Wide Change: ARM as primary Architecture -  (mitr,
  18:23:25)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/ARM_as_Primary   (mitr,
    18:23:27)
  * LINK: https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1136   (mitr, 18:23:31)
  * LINK: http://stg.fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora-options#2nd_arches
    (nirik, 18:31:07)
  * AGREED: "build ARM on primary infrastructure. whether it is released
    as a primary Fedora 20 or as 'Fedora 20 for ARM' depends on how well
    it fulfills release criteria and functionality criteria closer to
    release time" (+5)  (mitr, 19:24:46)

* Next week's chair  (mitr, 19:25:08)
  * Marcela has volunteered to be the next week's chair  (mitr,
    19:25:10)

* Open Floor  (mitr, 19:25:15)

* Mass rebuild - https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5655  (mitr,
  19:25:43)
  * ACTION: mitr ask Perl SIG to think about ways of speeding the Perl
    rebuild up  (mitr, 19:39:13)
  * There is a Koji storage outage tomorrow/friday  (mitr, 19:39:38)
  * AGREED: start mass rebuild as soon as perl rebuild is merged back
    and redhat-rpm-config is patched for libtool, but no earlier than
    Jul 20 (+6)  (mitr, 19:40:45)

* Open Floor  (mitr, 19:40:49)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/NoBinDeps -- submitted
    this week so I don't know if we want to discuss it -- I think the
    question as stated in the Change is not a Change but an FPC issue --
    but it would be helpful to FPC if fesco discussed the basic issue of
    whether we want UsrMove to imply that we've "merged /bin with
    /usr/bin" or that we've "replaced /bin with /usr/bin"  (abadger1999,
    19:40:58)
  * AGREED: FESCo prefers "merged /bin and /usr/bin"  (mitr, 19:51:01)

Meeting ended at 19:53:38 UTC.

Action Items