F20 Self Contained Change: OS Installer Support for LVM Thin Provisioning

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Wed Jul 17 20:59:42 UTC 2013

> Does 'new automatic partitioning variant' mean 'another option in the
> drop-down box in Installation Options', more or less?

Exactly that - at the moment.

However...what we really lack here is some sort of explanation of the
tradeoffs between the various options.  A GtkComboBox with ["LVM", "LVM
(Thin Provisioning)", "BTRFS"] pretty much required one to consult
external documentation before this change, and certainly understanding
all of the tradeoffs around thin provisioning will only make that need
more pressing.