F20 System Wide Change: No Default Syslog

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Wed Jul 17 22:21:02 UTC 2013

On Wed, 17.07.13 11:48, Bill Nottingham (notting at redhat.com) wrote:

> John.Florian at dart.biz (John.Florian at dart.biz) said:
> > >   You can provide binary path (_EXE=) by ”journalctl /usr/sbin/sshd”.
> >
> > Yes, but that's of little help with applications using interpreted
> > languages (e.g., python).  I want to match on the name of the python
> > program, not python itself.
>
> journalctl _COMM=<blah> works for me on F19.

Also, to mention this explicitly: there is command line completion for
this. I.e. type "journalctl _CO", press Tab, and it will autocomplete to
"journalctl _COMM=", then press Tab Tab and it shows you a list of all
values that so far have been recorded.

This is realy, really useful actually.

Lennart

--