F20 System Wide Change: No Default Syslog

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Wed Jul 17 22:28:10 UTC 2013

On Wed, 17.07.13 18:18, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek (zbyszek at in.waw.pl) wrote:

> > > journalctl _COMM=<blah> works for me on F19.
> > >

> > As it does for me, but somewhere it got clipped that what I was
> > asking/wishing for was a convenient -C option (like ps) to do just this,
> This surely could be done. But maybe it would be better to make
> 'journalctl /path/to/program' smarter, so that it would look at _COMM when
> program is not an executable. This way things would work
> automagically.

I must say, I don't like ambiguities. The thing about /path/to/program
is that just by looking at the thing we can identify this as file system
path,  because it starts with a slash. comm names otoh are not that
easily recognizable, there's no specific char they start with.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.