F20 System Wide Change: No Default Syslog

Ding Yi Chen dchen at redhat.com
Thu Jul 18 02:11:57 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> > As you have been told repeatedly, your number does not represent what
> > you are claiming for many reasons:
>
> You do realize I filed for the exact same thing for F18 as is being
> proposed here.
> You do realize I asked FESCO just to disable rsyslogd even just up to
> beta so we in QA could catch any potential fallout this change which
> tools etc.
> You do realize I filed proposal to change the packaging guidelines so I
> could start working on making this transaction as painless as possible
> for our userbase
> You do realize that I'm all for this change

I do realize that you put a lot of effort,
and I do realize you do not need to do that much effort if you keep rsyslogd
as default.

--
Ding-Yi Chen
Software Engineer
Email: dchen at redhat.com

Red Hat, Asia-Pacific Pty Ltd
Level 1, 193 North Quay
Brisbane 4000
Office: +61 7 3514 8100
Fax: +61 7 3514 8199
Website: www.redhat.com

Red Hat, Inc.
Facebook: Red Hat APAC | Red Hat Japan | Red Hat Korea | JBoss APAC
Twitter: Red Hat APAC | Red Hat ANZ
LinkedIn: Red Hat APAC | JBoss APAC