Developers guide for Fedora Linux

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Thu Jul 18 10:12:11 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> Hello,
>
> I'm writing some apps for Linux, from time to time. I'd like to know if
> there is any comprehensive developers guide for Fedora. I see lot of
> changes are made to Fedora (and maybe soon RHEL) like no syslog by
> default, systemd machinery, etc. How can one use all that new exciting
> features and APIs in their own programs? Please, enlighten me with some
> (preferably official) resources e.g. about logging using journald in
> C/C++ or Python/Perl.
>

> Thanks in advance,
> Mateusz Marzantowicz

Hi Mateusz,
me with few other people are currently working on a project that you might find interesting - devassistant [1], [2].
Basically, it's all about setting development environment (installing dependencies, kickstarting projects) in various languages/framework. If you'd like to get more info and you can't find it in the docs, feel free to ping me.

Thanks,
Slavek.

--
Regards,