F20 System Wide Change: No Default Syslog

Denys Vlasenko dvlasenk at redhat.com
Thu Jul 18 10:23:33 UTC 2013

On 07/18/2013 12:40 AM, Lennart Poettering wrote:

>>> You don't ever work with embedded systems, do you?
>>
>> If you are running systemd on a embedded system, you are clearly
>> not concerned about saving space :)
>
> There are actually quite a few embedded devices running systemd these
> days. Wind generators, outer space telescopes, cars, toys, quite a lot
> of other stuff. We do get reports about this from time to time.

Did I say systemd can't be run on an embedded device?

I said that if one runs systemd on a embedded system, then
this device isn't seriously resource constrained.

Do you see that these two statements are not the same?

> So, no snarky comments about embedded devices, please, it's entirely
> inappropriate.

What's inappropriate is giving instructions to others what they can,
or can not say.