Fixing proxy support in Fedora (was Re: Orphaning few packages)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jul 18 13:38:38 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-06-07 at 01:19 +0800, Christopher Meng wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 6:55 PM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2013-06-05 at 12:08 +0800, Christopher Meng wrote:
> >> libproxy taken.
> >
> > I'm also very interested in libproxy. Would you mind if I comaintain it?
>
> Please request the commit privilege if you want to maintain it. That's all...

I've just pushed a 0.4.11-5 build to rawhide with support for PacRunner
(which is also now in Fedora now).

So there's a libproxy-pacrunner subpackage, like all the other
subpackages, that will do nothing but query PacRunner.

I'm separately working on fixing NetworkManager to actually *tell*
PacRunner the current proxy configuration, as derived from the network
connection (either automatically or via manual per-connection settings).

But it's actually relatively simple to hack around that for now with a
NM dispatcher script. Having libproxy-pacrunner available is the
important missing piece of the puzzle for now.

I'd like to push this as a Fedora 19 update too; do you have any
objections? It shouldn't make *any* difference to anyone who doesn't
install it.

I note that Colin's update to use mozjs17 is sitting in the F19 tree but
not pushed as an update. We should be pushing that out too, right?

--
dwmw2