privileges in Koji

Ken Dreyer ktdreyer at ktdreyer.com
Thu Jul 18 16:26:17 UTC 2013

I'm going through the "co-maintain to sponsor" process this week with
blakegardner on the gearmand package. Gearmand was recently orphaned,
and I've picked it up in order to work with blakegardner on the EL5
branch. I sponsored Blake in FAS yesterday, and I was surprised to see
that he was able to issue a build to Koji for the gearmand package
today, before he even applied for privileges in pkgdb.

Was that a fluke? I would not have expected him (or anyone who's not a
provenpackager) to be able to issue builds against a package for which
they have no pkgdb ACL.

For what it's worth, Blake's build was against the same Git hash
(c5c9d037dfbaabaef6eca1c0c76b84d9e286f999) as the previous (f19)
build. Only the dist tag has changed. So no commits were pushed.
gearmand just has a f20 dist tag now.

- Ken