F20 System Wide Change: No Default Syslog

Eric Smith brouhaha at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 18 17:48:41 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 10:11 AM, James Hogarth <james.hogarth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Then you were not using it with a default installed Fedora anyway which has
> a default of LVM in place

I don't remember why there wasn't LVM. I don't remember whether I was
the one that installed Linux on that machine in the first place.  I
might have been.

> That or live media is the best option in general... I know above you said
> you couldn't use a live CD and I'm quite curious as to why.

The machine didn't have a working optical drive.  If I'd had a live
image on USB that probably would have worked.  If I hadn't been
hundreds of miles from the nearest computer store, I'd have just
bought another optical drive, or a drive dock, or a cable to use the
optical drive out of my laptop, or any number of things that would
have made it easier to solve the problem.  I was motivated to try to
solve it using only what happened to be at hand.

Eric