F20 System Wide Change: No Default Syslog

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 18:34:20 UTC 2013

On 18 July 2013 19:26, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:

> Without sounding too blunt, this is business as usual from a repair
> end-user system point of view. I had dozens of such "oh btw can you fix my
> system" experiences

Yeah I've been there in the past ... which is why I have spare USB pen
drives in my rucksack - some empty some with a live instance already on
there...

And if going to diagnose/repair a Linux system it'd be sane to grab a
centos and fedora live instance before heading out ...

It's just part of the toolset - just as screwdrivers and so on are as well
for many engineers ...

I've also been there with dodgy hacky workarounds to deal with strange
stuff - but I wouldn't expect it to weight in an argument for something
like this ...