Multirelease effort: Moving to Python 3

Jan Zelený jzeleny at redhat.com
Fri Jul 19 06:59:43 UTC 2013

On 19. 7. 2013 at 02:41:23, Bohuslav Kabrda wrote:
... snip ...

> > +1 -- unfortunately, this probably depends on DNF.... So we may need to
> > push DNF in F22 and anaconda compatible with python3 in F23.
>
> DNF is a continuous effort. I believe that DNF will provide it's Python 3
> bindings sooner than in F22, so Anaconda devels can simultaneously do
> porting to Python 3 as well as to DNF. IMO this is good thing, since they
> will just do one big rewrite instead of two smaller.

That's right, we are already working on the API stabilization and testing dnf
with Anaconda is one part of the entire effort. However there is only so much
we can do ourselves. Stronger participation of the Anaconda team is required,
as we need to know what parts are they missing and what parts need improving.

... snip ...

Thanks
Jan