F20 System Wide Change: No Default Sendmail

Lars E. Pettersson lars at homer.se
Sat Jul 20 16:05:36 UTC 2013

> Well, we don't even install any MUA by default currently that would read
> local mail spools.  Effectively, this means that currently the log output
> of cronjobs is more or less lost.

A user normally installs a MUA of their choice as one of the first
things they do, so that a MUA is not installed by default should not be
an issue. I.e. the output is not lost.

> By ensuring all logs go to the normal
> log stream there's a much better chance of not losing messages...

The problem is that this data can be quite voluminous. Perhaps a bad
thing to clog up the logs with that?

Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars at homer.se>