Mean machinery...

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Sat Jul 20 18:02:03 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 11:47:27AM -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On 19 July 2013 22:36, Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > When a shutdown task isn't proceeding as planned on Fedora 19/rawhide,
> > am I the only one that feels like I'm staring down the monocle of a
> > Cylon and should be preparing to die?  That or it's the hood from Kit
> > off of Knight Rider...
> >
> > Either way, it's creepy ;-)
> >

> Oh we need it to play the sound effect of Kit/Cylon when it is doing so.
> Now that would be something useful.

  Enable canberra-system-shutdown.service and put the sound effect as
/usr/share/sounds/freedesktop/stereo/system-shutdown.oga.
  Fedora got you covered!

  On more serious note, watchdog should reboot the system if shutdown
takes more than 10min. In default configuration (ShutdownWatchdogSec= in
system.conf).  Provided your hardware has watchdog, of course.

--
Tomasz Torcz                                                       72->|   80->|
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl                                          72->|   80->|