F20 System Wide Change: No Default Sendmail

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat Jul 20 19:14:21 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-07-20 at 18:28 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le Sam 20 juillet 2013 17:43, Adam Williamson a écrit :
>
> > You seem to be chasing an argument I've never seen anyone produce
> > before, without a single shred of concrete evidence to back it up: that
> > the presence or absence of a non-functioning MTA by default in a single
> > Linux distribution will significantly affect the likelihood of an app
> > choosing to use local mail delivery as a standard notification
> > mechanism. Could you please, before pushing this line of reasoning any
> > further, produce some shred of evidence to substantiate it?
>
> Hypothesys 1: developers read the fucking manual
> Hypothesys 2: whatever's is in theirs Linux system at any moment
> represents their view of the Linux state
>
> Make your choice

I asked for evidence, not hypotheses. All you are currently doing is
making an assertion, over and over and over and over again. New
instances of the assertion do not increase its strength. You have made
your point: either back it up, extend it, or stop repeating it.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey