Webapps denying all outside access by default?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Jul 20 21:07:43 UTC 2013

Am 20.07.2013 22:59, schrieb Adam Williamson:
>> You should also be albe to use a reload, not necessarily a restart, to
>> get it working. (Although I've not been trying this with systemd!)
>
> 'apachectl reload' didn't seem to do the job.

because it does not exist

"apachectl graceful" or "systemctl reload http.service"
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/programs/apachectl.html

[root at srv-rhsoft:~]$ apachectl reload
Usage: /usr/sbin/httpd [-D name] [-d directory] [-f file]
                       [-C "directive"] [-c "directive"]
                       [-k start|restart|graceful|graceful-stop|stop]
                       [-v] [-V] [-h] [-l] [-L] [-t] [-T] [-S] [-X]

> It's a 'safer' default in the same way that a computer that's turned off
> is safer than one that's turned on, I guess...though I suppose lots of
> webapps do have initial configuration that you want to make sure is not
> run remotely, obviously. But it does leave the rpmnew problem

besides that these are config *examples* and not for production
means they should not be overwritten after configuration:

/etc/httpd/conf.d/z-name-allow.conf
<Directory /usr/share/name>
 whatever you need to override
</Directory>