F20 System Wide Change: No Default Syslog

Ding Yi Chen dchen at redhat.com
Mon Jul 22 00:46:02 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On Thu, 2013-07-18 at 21:37 -0400, Ding Yi Chen wrote:
>
> > > Exactly - adding to the minimal install is generally always a supported
> > > operation.  Removing from the minimal install is always a 'buyer beware'
> > > or 'you get both pieces' operation.
> >
> > Didn't Jesse Keating said something like we don't offer minimal install
> > other than uncheck the all boxes?
>
> I doubt Jesse would say that, and if he did, he'd be wrong: it's a

He did, see this and the thread Regarding install options:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-devel-list/2008-October/msg01277.html

> primary group in the package selection spoke of an equal status with
> GNOME, KDE etc.

Well, nowadays we even have yum in the core. :-)

> --
> Adam Williamson
> Fedora QA Community Monkey
> IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | identi.ca: adamwfedora
> http://www.happyassassin.net
>
> --

Ding-Yi Chen
Software Engineer
Internationalization Group
DID: +61 7 3514 8239
Email: dchen at redhat.com

Red Hat, Asia-Pacific Pty Ltd
Level 1, 193 North Quay
Brisbane 4000
Office: +61 7 3514 8100
Fax: +61 7 3514 8199
Website: www.redhat.com

Red Hat, Inc.
Facebook: Red Hat APAC | Red Hat Japan | Red Hat Korea | JBoss APAC
Twitter: Red Hat APAC | Red Hat ANZ
LinkedIn: Red Hat APAC | JBoss APAC