F20 Self Contained Change: Apache OpenOffice

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 08:20:27 UTC 2013

On 21 Jul 2013 16:07, "Andrea Pescetti" <pescetti at apache.org> wrote:

> No problem. OpenOffice 4 is already on mirrors and will be announced in a
couple of days, so I've put the exact release date on the wiki page, thus
revealing a very badly kept secret...

Nice to see a release at long last - I'll be very interested to review the
release notes and see how it compares to LibreOffice.

> Not yet, only on F19 so far. The final source package was approved 2 days
ago.

But the AOO project has had nightlies for a while - have these not had
build tests carried out on rawhide?

> I don't know more than you (or the rest of this mailing list audience) do
here...

It will be worth reaching out to them actively in order to ascertain how
much AOO will need to be modified to fit in... Or get conflicts in place
with FPC/FESCO approving them...

> Pushing back when a software does not exist yet is just reasonable.
Pushing back when a software does exist is a little less reasonable, since
the conflict is probably (and I welcome the opinion of the LibreOffice
maintainers too) not big enough to justify, by itself, a push-back.

But right now it didn't exist... Or at least not on a state that complies
with fedora packaging guidelines...

What's the radon this is being put forward as a self contained change as
opposed to following the usual process for a new package?

How far through these steps are you right now?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers