F20 System Wide Change: Web Assets

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Mon Jul 22 10:22:10 UTC 2013

Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 07/16/2013 12:54 PM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> > = Proposed System Wide Change: Web Assets =
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Web_Assets
>
> Can we please use a different name, like "webdata"?  The term "asset"
> seems to scare some people.

At least the directory in /usr/share really should have "web" or
something in the name. Someone who does "ls /usr/share" and sees
"assets" won't understand that it's web related. In the URL namespace
"web" isn't necessary, because in that context it's implicit.

"Data" isn't a good description of Javascript code and stylesheets
though, even if it's just data from the HTTP daemon's point of view.

How about "Web Libraries" and "/usr/share/weblib"?

--
Björn Persson

Sent from my computer.