F20 System Wide Change: Web Assets

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 10:31:02 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013, Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat.com> wrote:
> Can we please use a different name, like "webdata"?  The term "asset" seems
> to scare some people.

Huh?  It's a pretty common industry term for "static bits used as
dependencies for websites".  I've never heard of anyone being scared
of it.

"webdata" sounds to me more like something that should be in /var, not
where content and code shared by web applications would live.  (And a
big part of this feature is that we *stop* treating this stuff like
data and start treating it like code! ;-)

-T.C.