Webapps denying all outside access by default?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 22 13:40:43 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 01:16:30AM -0600, Ken Dreyer wrote:
> I do agree that the .rpmnew thing is annoying, and I wish there was a
> better way to handle that.

I think in general, packaging webapps into RPM is of low value. I've tried
to use these packages in production several times over the years, and
inevitably become frustrated and which I'd just installed from upstream as
upstream expects. Not coincidentally, see the presentation I just posted in
a another thread. :)