RFC: Proposal for a more agile "Fedora.next" (draft of my Flock talk)

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Mon Jul 22 14:06:12 UTC 2013

Le 22/07/2013 15:38, Matthew Miller a écrit :

>   Wait, did you just say Fedora _Core_?
>
>   Yes I did.
>
>   But, this is not a return to the old Core + Extras, because the line is
>   drawn based on _what_ and _how_ rather than on who works for what company.

Whatever explanation which can be given, "Core" is just the worst name
to be used.

For me, The merge Core + Extras => "Fedora" is just the most significant
step for fedora project as a real community distro.

Getting back to "Core" (even with a different definition) is just
something I'd like to avoid because will be considered like a huge
regression.

Ex : I'm so disgusted that I don't ever have desire to read the rest of
the doc.

Remi.