Grepping through all Fedora specfiles?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Jul 22 14:39:29 UTC 2013

On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 12:39:06 +0300
Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta at iki.fi> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to grep through all specfiles (and preferably also patches
> and sources in git) for rawhide, this time related to the unversioned
> docdirs F20 feature, and sometimes for other reasons. Hopefully
> there's a better way than to fedpkg clone all packages one at a
> time... does anyone know of one?
>
> Back in CVS times there were downloadable daily checkout seed tarballs
> which were excellent for this purpose, but I don't think such things
> exist nowadays, do they?

They don't. ;(

We have an outstanding ticket:
to create something like that, but it's just not been high priority.

If someone would like to work out scripting that, please do feel free
to. I keep thinking there must be some simple way to do it, but all
that comes to mind is cloning all the repos and taring that up (since
bare repos aren't all that usefull by themselves).

kevin