EPEL (was Re: RFC: Proposal for a more agile "Fedora.next" (draft of my Flock talk))

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 14:52:23 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 02:28:52PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:

> What better time to move epel out of Fedora since is really not
> related to Fedora et all but is strictly for downstream distribution
> based upon us to use ( like RHEL and it's clones )

I'm not sure what you think needs to be "moved out of Fedora".  Governance
of EPEL is separate.  Packagers are allowed to be independent.  in your
about the fact that epel shares the same koji, bodhi, git, etc with Fedora,
I'm not sure what harm those do to us right now and I can see a large amount
of benefit in terms of the manpower required to maintain those systems.

Could you please go into what is troubling you more?

-Toshio