RFC: Proposal for a more agile "Fedora.next" (draft of my Flock talk)

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Jul 22 15:48:18 UTC 2013

On Jul 22, 2013, at 7:38 AM, Matthew Miller <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

>  * We need to be more than that

Why?

>  * Not widely used by RHEL users

RHEL and Fedora could hardly be more different from each other. It's not an apple vs orange, it's fruit fly vs tortoise. In some ways RHEL seems way too far behind Fedora. In other ways, Fedora seems to be too bleeding edge (primarily the lack of stabilization). There isn't an approach that's in between. I don't know how this is fixed because I'm not certain it's a problem.

>  * We're not seen as relevant...
>  * Let alone exciting

By whom? Personal opinion? The board? Fesco? The community? Phoronix? Depending on where this is coming from, a structural change may be indicated which in turn causes a change to the project's product. But asserting the need to directly change the product (i.e. the Fedora release itself) as a direct appeal to the community is curious.

Chris Murphy