EPEL (was Re: RFC: Proposal for a more agile "Fedora.next" (draft of my Flock talk))

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 17:53:23 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 04:47:12PM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> On 07/22/2013 04:34 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> >This was actually not the rationale.  The rationale was that it wasn't
> >harmful to Fedora and so if individual maintainers felt that it was
> >something that they wanted to ship they could.
>
> Did the FPC even bother to test what they had approved in practices?
> ( Do they in general? )
>
> Have you tried installing an legacy sysv initscript file and using
> after it has been replaced with a native systemd unit.

The sysv initscripts subpackages are not for use with systemd.  They are for
use at places that use systemv init scripts.  When the guidelines were
initially written, having both installed was tested and they didn't cause
problems for systemd (although having both installed and still using systemd
was seen as not the use case for having the subpackages).  Has something
changed in the systemd code since then that changes that equation?

-Toshio